Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pasta Puttanesca

When we were in Italy, we were fortunate to have a cooking lesson at a the home of Chicca, an architect and really good cook.

We made our meal that night, and every item was delicious.  I also have her cookbook, and one of my favorites from her cookbook is Pasta Puttanesca.  It is easy and really flavorful.

When my son and future DIL were here at Christmastime, they made this.  It was so good.  I tried it, and it turned out well for me, too.

1 lb spaghetti
1/2 c capers, rinsed
3 c black olives
3 garlic cloves
1/3 c olive oil
1 1/2 lbs tomato sauce
1/2 c fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1/2 t chili flakes

Saute olives, capers, garlic, and chili flakes in olive oil.  Add sauce and cook for 15 minutes until sauce thickens.

Cook spaghetti, and when al dente, add it to sauce.  Cook for another two minutes, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment