Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Pizza

Every summer, my favorite combinations of food all seem to involve bread and tomatoes.  Bruchetta, frizzelles, tomato sandwiches with mayo--all of those make my mouth water just thinking about them.  Today was farm market day on The Chew, and coincidentally, it was the first day for our farmer's market to open. 

Carla Hall made a tomato tart, and I bought the ingredients to try it.  They emphasized to buy the best phyllo dough you can find, and I think I purchased the wrong kind, because my tart did not puff like theirs did on TV.  The flavor was delicious, though, and it was easy to make.  It was pretty substantial for just one sheet of phyllo dough!  Here is the recipe, and this will definitely go into the lineup with my other favorite summer tomato dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment