Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chocolate Biscotti with Almonds

Today I tried chocolate biscotti with almonds from David Lebovitz's recipe, which you can find here. They were good, and nice and chocolaty.  At first I thought the flavor might be too strong, as I tasted them after the first baking.  They were just right after the second baking, though.  He recommends using the highest quality chocolate available, and I think I will purchase the kind he recommends.  Also, mine may have been too thick.  I only got about 30 biscotti out of the recipe.  I used a knife that might not have been strong enough.

I would like to dip them next time, too, maybe in white chocolate, and maybe in milk chocolate.  Either way, they have a nice taste, a nice texture, and are looking good for an addition to the cookie table.

No comments:

Post a Comment