Saturday, January 31, 2015

More Lemon Cookies

The Land of Lakes Lemon Bar recipe gets great reviews online, so I knew I had to try it.  It is for Lemon Shortbread strips.  I have tried Lemon Shortbread before, from Nancy Baggett.  I loved the taste of hers, but the bars fell apart easily when I sliced them, and they didn't look pretty.

These taste good, but not quite as tangy as the Nancy Baggett bars.  However, they held together better when cut.  I like the look of the glaze--it is white and shiny and looks good with sparkle sugar on top.  These still fell apart a little when I sliced them.  Maybe they need chilled before cutting.  I've been using a pizza cutter to cut them, and it slices right through.

You can see that they look nice, but some have still fallen apart:

And we have a thumbs down on the taste of these from my DH.  Not that they're bad, they're not as good as others we've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment