Friday, January 23, 2015

Cookies

I am practicing on cookies.  I am trying to make them taste better and look better.  I have my new tool--a kitchen aid stand mixer--a very generous gift from my very generous sister.

I have tried lots of recipes, but my recipes are scattered everywhere.  I'm going to start to document them here.  I am hoping to narrow them down to the best twelve, or maybe ten.  Ladylocks will be a purchase from my farmer's market, so that will be one.

Today I worked on baci di dama.  I have tried two recipes, one with regular flour, and one gluten free.   I prefer the regular flour recipe.  The shape is kind of odd, so today I tried to make them a little flatter.  I flattened them slightly with a glass dipped in water, and that worked.   My future DIL loves nutella, so I think she will like these.  The recipe I like is from the selectitaly.com site, and you can find it here.  When I made them the first time, I used almonds instead of hazelnuts.  Even though I like hazelnuts a lot, I prefer this cookie with almonds.

They are a pretty, tasty cookie, so I think these will be included on the cookie table along with the lady locks.  We have two!

No comments:

Post a Comment