Monday, February 2, 2015

More Macaroons

Hi,

Today I tried more macaroons.  They turned out well the last time, so I thought they would be good this time.

They tasted a little too sweet to me today.  This recipe calls for 3 Tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.  It also adds sugar.  The next time, I will either cut way back on the sugar or try a recipe that doesn't use the condensed milk. 

I sprayed Pam on the parchment paper, and that allowed the cookies to lift off.  It took just a wee little bit of chocolate to drizzle on the cookies and make them look nice.

I had a bag of 14 oz coconut and a 12 oz bag of coconut.  It seemed like so much coconut, so I didn't include all of it.

When they were done, they seemed a little "meringuey."  What a word.  Next time, I will use all the coconut.  I used a teaspoon size ice cream scoop, but the cookies get big.  The meringue really fluffs them up.  I would prefer to get them smaller next time.  This recipe still needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment