Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sugar cookies with rose icing

I need some cookies that make a splash and look great, and I have found some!

I used Iambaker's Rose cookie tutorial and mine turned out really nice!  I followed her recipe for sugar cookies, and they were good.  The recipe made quite a few cookies, and their shape was good when they were finished.  Mine cooked in the recommended 8 minutes.

I followed her directions to make a glaze first, and I think it helped the flowers stay on.  I used her recipe for the flowers.  My piping skills need some work.  Some turned out like hers, and some needed some improvement in the appearance department, but all tasted good.

It took a lot of strength to pipe the icing.  I think I could have added a little more liquid, but I was afraid to lose the consistency completely.  I had trouble filling the piping bag without making a mess, but i have watched some tutorials on youtube with good ideas.

Also, Nancy Baggett makes a frosting that holds a rose shape using freeze dried fruit.  It makes pretty colors, and I'll bet it tastes good, too.  That is on the docket for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment